Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Home


Two weeks ago I moved into my new home. It is conveniently located about a 5 minute walk away from uni and since moving in i don’t think i have made it in before 9 am. Strange how closer you live the more likely you are to be late.

Taken at the bottom of the path from my house. Uni is the creamy/brown buildings on the left

I live with three others, Steph, Mark and Bernie, all of which are incredibly great, especially Steph because she shared her German chocolate with us and it was very yummy. They all have proper jobs and as the youngest they keep an eye on me. Its a bit like living with three older brothers and sister but without the squabbling.

The house is a typical kiwi house, wooden exterior, no double glazing or central heating, but it’s a great house with a great view over the city. It’s absolutely fantastic at night seeing all the lights, and not bad during the day either. The back of the house faces north so it gets the sun most of the day and my room gets it mid afternoon to the evening.

All in all I am rather comfy and I only see it improving as I am yet to have a bed (currently sleeping on a chair bed). Hope you like the pictures.

There are three flats and mine is the middle one

Main path out the house

Kitchen

Kitchen again

Lounge

View from lounge

Back Garden (no picture of the bedroom, it's a mess)

No comments:

Post a Comment