Monday, March 29, 2010

Uni

I started Uni promptly on Monday and was shown my new home for the next year. I have three room buddies, although I have only met two of them. Mike and Chris; both masters students. The third is lucky enough to be doing a PhD on Fiji so is away in the field. Anyway the office is ok and if you twist and stretch a bit we even have a view. It's of a car park, but I'm sure exciting things can happen in them.
My desk is located away from the window, behind the door. It's not a bad thing as I know I would be distracted by all the planes flying form the airport.

As all good offices should have there is bountiful supply of shelving. Unfortunately, being on the smaller side, I can’t actually reach the majority of them!

My tidy desk space
The office also has a few extras that you wouldn't get in Plymouth. I naively forgot Wellington is similar to San Francisco and lies on a fault line. There are bungee cords across the shelving to keep your books in place during an earthquake. There are also emergency water bottles and we are suppose to keep high energy rations like chocolate in the office just in case the building collapses and you are stuck for a couple of days in the rubble. The water stays were it is but I keep eating the rations. But so far only the extremely strong southerly wind has made the building shake and hopefully it will remain that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment