Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wind Monster

A couple of nights ago I was minding my own bussiness having a wonderful sleep and dreaming something lovely I’m sure. It was a warm evening so I had both windows open to stay cool. Then, suddenly, I was awoken by a horrendous sound and the building shuddered. It stopped, but then another train like sound came rushing toward the house, it hit with brutal force. The house shook and the noise was deafening. Paper in my room started to fly around and coat hangers in the wardrobe clanged together. No sooner did it hit the house this menace zoomed off into distance. Its war cry getting quieter as it went. Then another attack, but this time I was ready, braising myself for the shake and hiding under the covers to protect myself from flying debris. I was not going to be defeated, I will endure this vicious and unprovoked attach! However, eventually, and sadly it did take a couple of hours, I decided to stop being so lazy and close the windows. Lesson learned, when a strong northerly blows batten down the hatches, weigh down the paper, close the wardrobe door and never be so lazy again. Wind 1, Lou 0 and I wouldn’t bet on me winning this game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment